Health Services

Healthcare where young people spend most of their time - at school!


Youth deserve to thrive, but too many struggle because they lack access to healthcare services. Partnership Health Center and Missoula County Public Schools formed a partnership to offer a solution: healthcare where young people spend most of their time – at school! 

PHC behavioral health clinicians and community health workers have offices conveniently located inside Missoula schools. These staff connect families to behavioral, medical, dental and other health services both in and outside of the school when needed. 


Behavioral Health 
Licensed behavioral health clinicians can meet with students before, during, or after the school day. They offer mental health assessment and individualized treatment planning to support students and families with things like: 

  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Substance use
  • Healthy relationships 
  • Adjusting to life changes 
  • Difficulty following directions or getting along with others

Navigating Community Resources
Community health workers support students and families to navigate health care and community resources including: 

  • Accessing medical, dental and behavioral healthcare
  • Securing transportation to medical appointments 
  • Obtaining Medicaid and SNAP benefits
  • Navigating housing vouchers 
  • Accessing food resources 
  • College applications and job applications 


PHC School-Based services are currently offered in the following schools. Available services vary by location. 

  • Lowell Elementary School
  • Franklin Elementary School
  • C.S. Porter Middle School 
  • Willard Alternative High School 
  • Russell Elementary School (coming in Fall 2024) 
  • Hawthorne Elementary School (coming in Fall 2024)

Getting Started

Is there a charge for school-based services? 
To make receiving health care accessible to everyone, school-based health services are offered on a sliding fee scale. No student will be turned away due to their ability to pay. We welcome ALL students and accept most insurances, including Medicaid. If you don’t have insurance, don’t worry – we will still see you

Is paperwork required?
Because PHC is an outside provider working in the schools, enrollment paperwork is required for behavioral health services. A student can see a behavioral health provider on a regular basis without a parent/guardian if they have a consent form signed by their parent/guardian. You can find links to fill out and submit these forms below

Questions? Want to Learn More? Need Help?

To learn more and for help getting started, please contact your student’s school. You can speak with a member of the PHC school-based health team at (406) 836-9163 or by emailing 

Skip to content